Our Animal Services team is committed to promoting better care and control of dogs in the District.
Some of the work we do around the District to help this vision:
- Dog education: our team educates children in schools about dog safety. They also work with business and service groups, such as nurses and posties, to help people develop safe dog skills.
- Respond to complaints about dog behaviour and dog problems including, roaming dogs, barking dogs, aggressive dogs and dog attacks
- Lost and found dogs
- Provide and maintain pound facilities
- Dog adoptions and fostering
- Ensuring compliance with bylaws and policies
- Microchipping & registration
- Dog and stock control
- And more!
Lost your dog?
Visit Lost Pet Finders and contact us to report it. We often pick up lost dogs.
Please see below some useful links:
Department of Internal Affairs - Safety around Dogs
The New Zealand Institute of Animal Management