What kind of personal data we collect
Western Bay Council collects only the personal data you provide us (including your name, email address, and contact telephone numbers). Western Bay Council may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
Where we collect personal data from
Western Bay Council collects personal data from the following sources:
- By you contacting us enquiring about information on the District, Western Bay Council, Council services or anything on this website
- Directly from you when you register and request Western Bay Council to supply you with information or services in connection with this website
- By you conducting transactions through the website
- Indirectly through your use of this website and the services and functionality offered through it
How we use your personal data
Western Bay Council uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Replying to your queries
- Processing your application for registration for use of Western Bay Council services or to gain access to information on this website made available only to registered users
- Providing you with information about the District, Western Bay Council and Council services
- Providing you with services
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Any specific purpose which Western Bay Council notifies you of at the time personal data is collected
- Processing transactions that you may conduct through the website
Western Bay Council may disclose information about you (including your identity) to a third party if the Council is requested to do so in the course of a criminal or other legal investigation, or if the Council determines that disclosure is necessary in connection with any complaint regarding your use of this website.
How we store personal data
Western Bay Council stores personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal data is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
How you can access/amend your personal data
You may access your personal data that Western Bay Council holds by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a copy of the personal data Western Bay Council keeps about you.
You may request that the personal data Western Bay Council holds about you be corrected by emailing us at email@example.com. If Western Bay Council agrees that your personal data is to be corrected, we will provide you with an amended record.
How long we hold personal data
Western Bay Council will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device (for example, your computer or mobile phone). These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this site:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site.
Some third-party tools used on this website, such as Google Maps, may set additional cookies. Western Bay Council has no control over cookies set by third parties and assumes no responsibility for them.
How to refuse or delete cookies
Find out more