- All dogs are required to be registered before they are three months of age.
- Registration must be renewed before 30 June each year.
- The registration year runs from 1 July to 30 June of the following year.
- Each dog must be registered at the address where they spend most of their time.
- If you are under 16 years of age and own a dog, it must be registered under the name of a parent or guardian.
- All dogs born from May of the previous registration year will pay a pro rata fee calculated from the time the dog was three months old.
- Council's list of dog breed codes (this will need to be completed on your dog registration form).
- Click here for registration fees
How to register
New dog owner
If you're a new dog owner, or haven't registered with us before, you'll need to create an account.
Once you've created an account, our team will be in touch with you to confirm a few things within three business days. From there, you'll be able to pay your dog registration fees.
Renewing your current registration
If your dog was registered with us last year, registration forms will be mailed or emailed to you May/June.
Please advise us if your address or email changes to ensure you receive a reminder to renew your dog registration.
What you need to renew
- Your annual 'Application to Register Dog(s)' form.
- Your Contact ID number (which is shown below your phone number and email address details).
- Any ONE of your Dog ID's from the list of your dogs.
Dog registration payments can be made online using:
- Credit Cards (which attracts a 1.22% fee)
- Debit Card
- Real Time Debit (Westpac and BNZ)
- In person at our Barkes Corner office, Libraries and Services Centres by cash or Eftpos