Multiple Dogs on a Property
A permit to keep more than two dogs in an urban area or five dogs in a rural area is required to ensure the number of dogs kept on any property does not increase to an extent where problems may arise.
Approval for a permit is not immediate.
The following factors will be taken into account:
- The size of your property.
- If there been any previous complaints.
- There is a $50 application fee and the permit is valid for the dogs you have applied for on that property.
- If you move house or add another dog, you will need to reapply to add that dog to the permit, this will incur another $50 fee.
- Should the permit be granted and there is a substantiated complaint, your permit may be revoked and you will be required to reduce the number of dogs kept on the property.
Application for permit to keep more than two dogs in an urban area or five dogs in a rural area.