Multiple Dogs on a Property
A permit to keep more than two dogs in an urban area or five dogs in a rural area is required to ensure the number of dogs kept on any property does not increase to an extent where problems may arise.
Approval for a permit is not immediate.
The following factors will be taken into account:
- The size of your property.
- If there been any previous complaints.
- There is a $50 application fee and the permit is valid for the dogs you have applied for on that property.
- If you move house or add another dog, you will need to reapply to add that dog to the permit, this will incur another $50 fee.
- Should the permit be granted and there is a substantiated complaint, your permit may be revoked and you will be required to reduce the number of dogs kept on the property.