Long Term Plan (LTP) 2021-2031
Kia ora, Talofa Lava, Bula Vinaka, Malo e Lelei, Fakalofa lahi atu, Nihao, Namaste, Kia Orana and greetings to you all.
Welcome to Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s Long Term Plan 2021-2031.
Thank you to everyone who joined us on this journey. This is not our story, it is that of our residents and one we can all be proud of.
Please view our decision document to find details of the decisions Council has made on key issues our communities raised during the many consultation processes.
Long Term Plan 2021-2031
The full Long Term Plan can be viewed below and for your convenience the Long Term Plan has been split into chapters and sub sections.
Overview - Chapter One
|Message from the Mayor||How we developed our Long Term Plan||Snapshot - Decisions on the Key Proposals|
|Our District, Our People||Your Mayor and Councillors|
Informing our Planning - Chapter Two
Whakamōhio to mātou Mahere
|Wellbeing Plan||Te Ara Mua - The Pathway Forward||Climate Change Action Plan|
|Strategic Assumptions for Long Term Plan 2021-2031||Financial Strategy||Infrastructure Strategy|
Activities - Chapter Three
To mātou mahi
|Planning for the Future|
|Building Communities||Communities Group of Activities|
Libraries and Service Centres
Recreation and Open Space
|Protecting the Environment||Natural Environment and Sustainable Living|
|Supporting our Economy||Economic Development|
|Support Services||Support Services|
Chapter four - Financials
|Funding Impact Statement and other rating information||Prospective Financial Statements||Reserve Funds|
Chapter Five - Policies, Summaries and Statements
Ngā Kaupapa here, ngā Whakarāpopototanga me ngā Whakapuakanga
Long Term Plan 2021-2031
(Published 29 June 2021)
For your information our Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document can still be viewed. Please select the link below to download our Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document.
Thank you to those that provided feedback via our various methods. Below is a video of our community fun days that were held in March 2021. Thanks again for your participation.
Further information that supported the Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document
- Elder Housing Activity (Section 17a)
- Walking and Cycling Action Plan
- Community Halls Operational Policy 2020
- Swimming Pools Level of Service
Schedule of Fees and Charges 2021/2022
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2021-2022 effective 1 July 2021.
Proposed rates increases
To see the rates increases (in graph form) for each property type/area in the District view the below:
Projects by Ward
Area of Benefit for Halls
Select the interactive map to view the Area of Benefit for halls.
Agendas and minutes
For your convenience the agendas and minutes for the Long Term Plan Committee meeting held on the 31 May / 3 June 2021 and adoption meeting held on 29 June 2021 are provided below.
- Attachment 1 - Part 1 (24,912 KB), Part 2 (22,915 KB), Part 3 (28,313 KB), Part 4 (16,499 KB)
- Attachment 2 (15,540 KB)
- Attachment 3 (24,706 KB)
- Attachment 4 (845 KB)
- Attachment 5 - Part 1 (5,835 KB), Part 2 (1,473 KB), Part 3 (1,322 KB), Part 4 (5,475 KB)
- Attachment 6 (1,376 KB)
- Tabled Item 1 - Youngson Road Seal Widening (220 KB)
- Tabled Item 2 - Future Ready Organisation Initiatives (214 KB)
- Tabled Item 3 - Seal Extensions (207 KB)
- Minutes from 31 May and 3 June 2021 - APLTP21-3 (521 KB)
- Attachment 1 - Long Term Plan Document (PDF 21.8MB)
- Attachment 2 - Schedule of Fees and Charges 2021-2022 (PDF 2.39MB)
- Attachment 3 - Multiple Pan Wastewater and Water Rates Remission Policies (PDF 456KB)
- Attachment 4 - Decision Document (PDF 2.38MB)
- Attachment 5 - Comments and Diversions (PDF 1.67MB)
- Minutes from C21-9 - to follow