What is the CCTV Fund?
In the development of the Long Term Plan 2021-31, Council approved a budget of $50,000 per annum, for the period of 2021 to 2023 for new CCTV cameras in the Western Bay of Plenty District.
Council’s Annual CCTV Fund is an initiative to help Western Bay of Plenty residents, Community Boards and Ward Forums with the purchase and installation of new CCTV cameras. It was established to support the Western Bay of Plenty community by installing additional CCTV cameras as a way to provide a safer environment for the community and to protect Council’s assets and infrastructure.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 ARE CLOSED.
2021 CCTV Application Fund Results
13 new cameras were approved through the 2021 CCTV fund supplemented by the operational budget.
The approved camera locations are at:
- Waihī Beach, Athenree Road/State Highway 2
- Waihī Beach, Wilson Road/Waihī Beach Road
- Waihī Beach, Island View
- Waihī Beach, Anzac Bay
- Katikati, Tetley Road and State Highway 2 intersection
- Katikati, Tuapiro Point Reserve
- Katikati, Tuapiro Road/State Highway 2
- Ōmokoroa, State Highway 2 and Ōmokoroa Road intersection
- Ōmokoroa, Skatepark
- Pahoia, Pahoia Domain
- Te Puna, Minden Lookout (to be confirmed)
- Te Puke, Welcome Bay Roundabout
- Pukehina, Midway Park