Current Operative District Plan
The Operative District Plan 2012 is the culmination of the District Plan First Review (a review of the previous Operative District Plan 2002).
It became operative on 16 June 2012 except for specific provisions relating to Matakana Island which became operative on 19 December 2015 following the resolution of appeals against the District Plan First Review and Plan Change 46/Variation 2 - Matakana Island.
Note:All the documents below are in pdf format. The file sizes vary with the largest being 3MB.
District Plan sections
District Plan appendices
Appendix 7 - Structure Plans (Split into sections due to file size)
District Plan maps
The following Plan Changes are operative and have been incorporated into the Operative District Plan 2012:
- Plan Changes 1-9, 11-53, 56-80 and 85
The following Plan Changes are treated as operative and have been incorporated into the Operative District Plan 2012:
- Plan Changes 82-84 and 86-91
The following Plan Changes have been withdrawn:
- Plan Changes 10, 54 and 55
- Plan Change 76 (part of)
The following Plan Changes are currently proposed:
Legal status of plan changes
The proposed provisions of a Plan Change take legal effect once decisions are released, however, any proposed provision must be treated as operative (before or after decisions) if it is beyond challenge e.g. if the time for making submissions or appeals has closed and there are no submissions in opposition to it or appeals lodged against it, or if any appeals lodged against it have been resolved.
- Legal effect means any proposed provision must be considered, and if any proposed provision requires resource consent, this consent must be sought. The proposed provision is then given weight relative to any existing provision.
- Treated as operative means the provision is in full effect but is yet to be made formally operative (this requires public notification).
Purchasing a District Plan and/or maps
If you would like a hard copy of the District Plan and/or Maps, please email email@example.com or freephone 0800 926 732.
Costs are (including GST):
Text - $120
Maps - $160
Future updates to these are included in this initial cost.