1. Open a new camping ground
Before opening a new camping ground, call us on 07 571 8008 to discuss your plans.
- must be registered and inspected by a council inspector under the Health (Registration of Premises) Regulations 1966
- must comply with the Camping Grounds Regulations 1985 before we can approve registration.
2. Apply and pay for a camping ground licence
Transfer the camp ground into your name
If you are taking over an existing premises that has a current registration, you can apply to transfer it into your name.
1. Fill out the form below or click here to download this form.
2. Pay the transfer fee of $100 and email to email@example.com
We must receive applications within 14 days of you taking over the business. After this period, the registration lapses and cannot be transferred. If the registration lapses, you have to apply for a new registration.
Health registration fees are non-refundable and are not pro-rated.
Apply for a new registration
If there is no current registration you need to apply for a new registration.
Camping Ground Inspections
Please be aware that your camping ground will have ongoing inspections to ensure safe hygiene practices are met and minimum standards of health are maintained. An inspector may arrive at any reasonable time (Section 128 of the Health Act 1956) and are not obliged to make an appointment prior to the visit. This means you can expect an inspection any time while you are operating.