Doggy Day Out 2023
Ōmokoroa Sports Ground, Western Ave
Saturday 25 February 2023
10am - 1pm
Our much-loved 'dog event of the year' is back!
The theme this year is ‘superdogs’, so dress your pooch in their best superhero costume and be in to win some cool prizes!
- Legendary animal behaviourist and dog trainer Mark Vette. Watch his presentation at 12.10pm*
- Mount Maunganui Dog Training Club - agility competition and demonstrations at 10.15am, 11.15am and 12.30pm*
- Education talks from our animal services officer Betty Hall at 10.30am and 11.30am*
- Superhero dress up competition at 11.45am, winners announced at 12.55pm.* Judges are Mark Vette and Council's CEO John Holyoake
- Lots of fun for tamariki – including pony rides, face painting, bouncy castle, and special kids’ area with storytime (10.45am*) colouring and other activities thanks to the Ōmokoroa Library
- Snap some selfies with your whānau at the photobooth
- Meet some of our gorgeous dogs up for adoption
- Awesome doggy market stalls - bring cash!
- Food and drinks available for purchase
- Music from FUSE Drumming
Show us your creative colouring skills and go in the draw to win a prize! Bring your entry to any Western Bay Library by Thursday 23 February, or the Omokoroa Library for Doggy Day Out, by 12pm Saturday 25 February. Winners will be announced at Doggy Day Out at 12.50pm.
Superdog name Facebook competition
We’re looking for the best superhero themed name for one of our beautiful adoption dogs. She came to us in a bad way and we reckon she deserves a ‘superdog’ name! Head to our Facebook page and tell us your best name idea for a chance to win an online training prize from the legendary Mark Vette. Closes 12pm Friday 24 Feb.
Keep an eye on our Facebook event for updates.
*Times are approximate and may be subject to change