Community Recycling and Greenwaste Centres
Community recycling and greenwaste centres
We operate community centres at Katikati, Athenree, Omokoroa (greenwaste only) and Te Puke.
You can take the following clean and empty recyclables to any of the centres free of charge.
- Flattened Cardboard
- Steel cans
- Aluminium cans
- Glass bottles and jars - please no broken windows, drinking glasses or ceramics
- Plastics, Number 1 and 2 Only
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Batteries - all kinds e.g. vehicle and dry cell
- Scrap metal - ferrous and non-ferrous
- Used motor oil
- Eftpos is currently unavailable at the Omokoroa greenwaste drop-off centre until further notice, cash only. Eftpos is available at all other centres.
'Number 1' (soft drink bottles) and 'Number 2' (milk bottle) type plastics are accepted. You can check the recycling symbol on the bottom of the container for the number.
Please remove lids and rinse containers.
Only glass bottles and jars that have contained a food or beverage are accepted.
All centres accept greenwaste, however they do not accept flax, pampas, bamboo, gorse or palms. (These are treated as normal refuse and not accepted at the recycling centres)
Greenwaste stem diameter must be no thicker than 100mm and the length no longer than three metres.
Normal opening hours
Athenree: 64 Steele Road, Athenree
Thursday: 1pm - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
Katikati: Corner Tetley/Wills Road
Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: 9am - 12pm
Omokoroa Greenwaste (greenwaste only – no recycling): 336 Omokoroa Road
Wednesday and Saturday: 2pm - 4pm
Te Puke: 36 Station Road, Te Puke
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Saturday: 8am - 4pm