What is Objective Build?
Existing Active Consents
To minimise any disruptions to you, we have migrated all active building consents (CCC not yet issued) into the new system. If you have applied for a building consent in the past, you will have received an email asking you to register for Objective Build. If you did not receive an email from Western Bay District Council, you can register using your email address.
Help and Support
The Objective Build team are here to support the applicants with the use of Objective Build, some common support queries are:
- How do I sign up?
- How do I invite participants?
- How do I manage roles?
- How do I apply for a CCC?
- How do I merge organisations?
- Access to consents that are missing when I log in.
- Permission issues on migrated consents (e.g. role changes between participants) as we are the only ones able to do so currently.
If you need any support with the new system, please contact the dedicated Objective support team, available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 6:00pm.
Email: email@example.com or call 0800 024 508
If you have technical questions regarding your application, please contact council directly.
For questions related to the following:
Documents not showing up as required - If a document that you are required to upload is not available in your document list to upload against in Objective Build, please contact the Western Bay of Plenty Council.
Documents relating to consents not visible - Approved documents from the previous portal were migrated across to the new Objective Build platform. However, not all documents were able to be migrated automatically.
Please contact the Western Bay of Plenty Council who can manually push the documents over for you.
The best bits about Objective Build
It’s easier to apply for Building Consents
- All of your applications made with Build will be visible through a single logon, irrespective of which council they are lodged with.
- You can also apply for a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC), a Certificate of Acceptance (COA), Project Information Memorandums (PIM) and more.
Keep your team in the loop
- Give your team access to view consents, track their status and be notified of relevant updates.
- You can add and remove people to your organisation.
Track the status of a consent and receive updates
- See exactly where a consent is in the process, as well as any outstanding actions for all parties. Get updates as things change on a consent, helping to avoid delays and keep you updated.
Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Manage all communication with the councils directly from Objective Build, including responding to RFIs.
- Get updates of new RFIs and see the details in status screen. Reply and upload any supporting information all in a single place, with the data going instantly to council when you hit submit.
- Use collaboration tools to make different team members the primary owner for set stages (for example, the builder on site as the key contact for inspections) so that everyone involved is kept informed.
- If people go away or on leave, their consents are visible in the system, avoiding lost time and information silos.
Contact and Document Libraries
- Create a library of your most common consents and use them as templates to save time.
- Save key contacts to add to applications without needing to enter their details again. You can create templates for several document types, from wood burners through to standardised plans you offer.
All building consents currently being processed will be automatically moved over to Objective Build.
On or just prior to our switching over in late March/ early April, you’ll get an email asking you to create an account with Objective Build. It will be sent to the email address that your existing building consent is linked to.
You’ll need to make an Objective Build account. Visit our website (after we go live in late March/ early April), and follow the prompts to sign up and create a password.
If you have any questions contact the dedicated support team available Monday – Friday, 8:30am - 6:00pm.
Call 0800 024 508
From late March/ early April you can access the Objective Build login page via Council’s website and building consents webpage westernbay.govt.nz/building-consent-app
On our launch day there will be a new button on the building consent web page that will take you to Objective Build.
Yes, the processes in Objective Build have been tailored to the New Zealand Building Code and meet our local requirements. The Build system has already been through the Building Consenting Authority Accreditation process.
No, the only change is to the software that you and Council use to upload and manage your building consent.
Yes, they just need to make an account, and you can give them access to see where the building consent is at. This would be particularly useful for trades people.