Disputes and Complaints

We will endeavour to work through issues with our customers to resolve any issues or complaints wherever possible.  If however you are unhappy with the outcome or disagree with Council's decision, there are formal options for lodging a complaint or to resolve a disputed decision.


If you disagree with a decision we make either during the processing or inspecting of your building project,  you can request a determination from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (Building and Housing Group). 

Building Consent Authority Complaints

The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment can be contacted regarding complaints where a Building Consent Authority has failed, or is failing, to properly perform its statutory functions under the Building Act (without good reason) or negligently performed its functions. 

Find out more at www.building.govt.nz.

Page reviewed: 23 Feb 2018 12:02pm