Adoption of new and amended bylaws
The Western Bay of Plenty District Council passed resolutions at a meeting held Thursday 29 August 2019 to adopt the following bylaws:
- Freedom Camping Bylaw 2019
- Trading in Public Places Bylaw 2019
- Traffic and Parking Enforcement Bylaw 2019
- Animals (excluding dogs) Bylaw 2019
- Cemeteries Bylaw 2019
- Public Places Bylaw 2019 These bylaws will become operative on 30th September 2019. At this meeting Council also resolved to revoke the Nuisances Chapter of the General Bylaw 2008.The adoption of these bylaws follows consideration of community feedback from consultation alongside Council’s Annual Plan 2019/20 from 18 March to 18 April 2019.You can read more about the review processes and the key changes made to the bylaws in the decision story at www.westernbay.govt.nz/council/plans-and-strategie... of the bylaws may be inspected: • Online at www.westernbay.govt.nz/rules-regulations-and-licenses/bylaws• At Council’s office at Barkes Corner in Greerton, or at Katikati, Te Puke, Omokoroa and Waihi Beach libraries/service centresCopies of the bylaws are also available for purchase at Council’s offices and service centres at the cost of 20c per page.