Proposed Changes to the WBOP District Plan First Review
Resource Management Act 1991
Public Notice of Proposed Changes to the Western Bay of Plenty District Plan First Review
Proposed Plan Changes 95
The Western Bay of Plenty District Council has received and accepted a Private Plan Change to the District Plan in respect to the following matter:
Plan Change 95 – Pencarrow Estate – Arawa Road, Pongakawa. Private Plan Change proposes to rezone 12ha of rural zone land to Residential and Commercial Zone and create a Structure Plan for staged development.
Public submissions are invited on Plan Changes 95. Details of the proposed changes can be viewed at:
- Council’s website www.westernbay.govt.nz/districtplanchanges
- Western Bay of Plenty District Council offices at Barkes Corner, Tauranga
- Katikati, Te Puke, Ōmokoroa and Waihī Beach Library and Service Centres
Submissions close at 4pm on Friday 8th December 2023 and can be:
- Made online via Council’s eplan website https://eplan.westernbay.govt.nz/eplan/; or
- Emailed to: email@example.com; or
- Posted to: Chief Executive Officer, Western Bay of Plenty District Council, Private Bag 12803, Tauranga Mail Centre, Tauranga 3143; or
- Delivered to the main Council Office at Barkes Corner, Tauranga or one of Council’s service centres at 21 Main Road, Katikati; 28 Western Avenue, Ōmokoroa; 130 Jellicoe Street, Te Puke; or 106 Beach Road, Waihī Beach.
Submission forms are available from Council to assist you and can also be downloaded from www.westernbay.govt.nz/districtplanchanges. The submission form must be dated, signed and include the following information:
1. Name, address, email and telephone number
2. The specific provisions of the plan change/s to which the submission relates
3. Whether you wish to be heard
4. Whether you would be prepared to present a joint case at a hearing
5. Details of the submission
6. The decision sought from Council
When submissions close, Council will prepare a summary of all submissions received which is anticipated to be publicly notified in early February 2024. Further submissions will then be sought in response to the original submissions. Planning reports will be prepared to address the issues raised, followed by a public hearing which is anticipated to be in May 2024. All submitters will be given an opportunity to present their submission. A decision will then be issued including the reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions. Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
If you have any questions about the Plan Changes, please contact Council’s Customer Service Team on 07 571 8008 or 0800 926 732.