Independent Commissioner Hearings
Council may appoint an Independent Commissioner to hear and decide on an application for resource consent or designation where due to commitments of the Regulatory Hearings Committee, Council is not able to provide a timely hearing for the application.
The role of the Independent Commissioner is subject to compliance with Council strategies, policies, plans and legislation.
The Independent Commissioner may exercise all delegated decision-making powers in respect to the following:
- Decisions on subdivisions and other non-notified applications for discretionary or non-complying activities recommended for refusal or otherwise referred to the Committee by the Group Manager Customer Services.
- Hearings of and decisions on notified applications to which there have been objectives.
- Conditions of approval, extensions.
- Changes or cancellation of consent.
- Conditions of surrender of consents.
- Hearings of and decisions on objections to decisions and conditions of resource consents in relation to applications decided under staff delegated authority.