District Licensing Committee
District Licensing Committee meetings will be held as required in the Council Chamber, Barkes Corner, 1484 Cameron Road, Greerton, Tauranga. These meetings will be notified on our Meeting Calendar webpage and in the public notice section of the Bay of Plenty Times newspaper. Meetings are livestreamed to Council's Youtube channel - unless otherwise advised.
All meeting agendas and minutes are available to view or print on the Agenda and Minutes webpage.
For more information, please email the Governance Services Team or phone 0800 926 732.
|Commissioners:||Cr Don Thwaites (Licensing Commissioner)
Murray Clearwater (Licensing Commissioner)
James Davison (Licensing Commissioner)
Beverley Edlin (Licensing Commissioner)
Arthur Wilkinson (Licensing Commissioner)
Steve Williams (Licensing Commissioner)
As conferred under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012:
- To consider and determine applications for licences and manager’s certificates.
- To consider and determine applications for renewal of licences and manager’s certificates.
- To consider and determine applications for temporary authority to carry on the sale and supply of alcohol in accordance with Section 136 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
- To consider and determine applications for the variation, suspension, or cancellation of special licences.
- To consider and determine applications for the variation of licences (other than special licences) unless the application is brought under Section 280 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
- With the leave of the Chairperson for the licensing authority, to refer applications to the licensing authority.
- To conduct inquiries and to make reports as may be required of it by the licensing authority under Section 175 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
- Any other functions conferred on licensing committees by or under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 or any other enactment.
Where no objection to the application has been received within the timeframes as prescribed under the Act the authority to decide on the papers and issue decisions on such applications (Section 191 (2) Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012).
Council is required to provide an annual report to the Alcohol Regulatory Licensing Authority. The annual reports can be found at the following links:
Decisions of the District Licensing committee
Every decision of the DLC must be publicly notified. The decisions can be searched below.
If you are a party to proceedings and disagree with the District Licensing Committee's decision, you can appeal to the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA). Appeals are dealt with by way of rehearing. You need to give notice of appeal to ARLA within 10 working days of the date of decision being notified to you.
There is a cost for filing an appeal.
For more information on appeals, go to the Ministry of Justice Regulatory and Licensing Authority.
Decisions arising from a hearing
Decisions arising from a hearing of the Western Bay of Plenty District Licensing Committee are listed below. Additional decisions will be added as they become available.
|Angelin Enterprises Limited (Te Puna Wines & Spirits)||30 April 2022||022/OFF/8071/2022|
|HB Enterprises Limited (The Bottle-O)||17 June 2019||022/RENOFF/7445/2019|
|Jones Retail Limited||11 June 2019||022/RENOFF/7526/2019|
|KLM Enterprises Limited (The Locals Bar & Eatery)||28 February 2019||022/ON/7264/2019|
|Sandhu 2014 Ltd (Sandhu Bar)||26 December 2018||022/RENON/7209/2019|
|Jones Liquor Limited (Katikati Wines and Spirits)||12 February 2018||022/OFF/6942/2018|
|Telfords Yard Ltd (Super Liquor Katikati)||18 January 2018||022/OFF/6879/2018|
|HB Enterprises Ltd (The Bottle O Te Puke)||27 April 2016||022/OFF/05/2016|
|General Distributors Ltd (Countdown Katikati)||21 December 2015||022/OFF/14/2014|
Decisions arising from unopposed applications
Unopposed decisions arising from a meeting of the Western Bay of Plenty Licensing Committee are listed below. Additional decisions will be added as they become available.