Western Bay of Plenty District Council will hold a by- election for one seat on Council following the resignation of Councillor Christina Humphreys.
To be eligible to stand for election, a candidate must be enrolled as a Parliamentary elector; and a New Zealand citizen; and nominated by two electors of the Katikati-Waihi Beach Ward area.
If more than one nomination is received by the close of nominations at noon on Thursday 4 March 2021, a postal ballot will be held for the electors of the Katikati-Waihi Beach Ward.
The by-election will finish at midday Friday 30 April 2021.
The preliminary roll will be available for public inspection between Thursday 4 February 2021 and Thursday 4 March 2021 at locations below.
By-Election Key Dates
- nominations open/roll open Thursday, 4 February
- nominations close/roll closes midday Thursday, 4 March
- voting opens Thursday, 8 April
- voting closes midday Friday, 30 April
Nomination papers are available from the following:
- Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s Main Office, Barkes Corner, 1484 Cameron Road, Greerton, Tauranga;
- The Centre, Pātuki Manawa, 21 Main Road Katikati;
- Waihi Beach Library & Service Centre, Waihi Beach Road, Waihi Beach;
- on this page below;
- 0800 922 82
Media Releases and Updates
For further information regarding this election, please contact the electoral office:
Dale Ofsoske, Electoral Officer
Western Bay of Plenty District Council
C/o PO Box 5135, Wellesley Street, Auckland 1141
Phone: 0800 922 822