Sun, sand and sea – Waihi Beach is a coastal town at the western end of the Bay of Plenty.
This delightful spot is a mix of permanent and non-permanent residents – and a popular retirement spot and summer holiday place. The beach community extends to the settlement of Bowentown at its southern end and the peaceful settlement of Athenree nestled just across the estuary from Bowentown.
Amenities and services
- Waihi Beach cycle trail - an informal extension to the Hauraki Rail Trail, giving the opportunity to do a day's ride from Paeroa to Waihi Beach.
- Waihi Beach trig trail walk
- Town centre – shopping and eateries
- NZMHA Motor camp, Everton Road, NZMHA members only
- Freedom camping Seaforth Road carpark (self-contained vehicles only)
- Waihi Beach service centre and library
- Waihi Beach community events and promotions