Council is committed to reducing waste through its Business Waste Minimisation programme.
This is a FREE service that enables your business to reduce business waste, save money on disposal fees, and enhance your environmental image.
Our programme helps by:
- Providing a free on-site waste audit
- Reducing waste disposal costs
- Educating your staff
- Delivering advice from an independant consultant
- Lowering your environmental impact
- Encouraging efficient use of resources
- Increasing recycling rates.
Don't just take it from us - hear from three high profile local businesses what they thought of the programme...
"At our Paengaroa site, we're reusing, recycling, reselling, returning or composting 85% of our waste."
- Alan Bougen, Comvita co-founder and Deputy Chairman.
"Our waste reduction initiatives reduced our disposal costs by 85% over the last four years."
- Alister Hawkey, Executive Director, Trevelyan's Pack and Cool.
"If we stopped recylcing tomorrow, our waste bill would immediately jump by close to 90%."
- Ian Smith, Owner, Waihi Beach Top 10 Holiday Resort.