Tell me more about...
In August 2016 Council adopted the new Dog Control Policy and Bylaw for the District.
Learn more here.
Learn about our adoption programme and see what dogs are looking for homes.
What do we do?
- Dog education: our team educates children in schools about dog safety. They also work with business and service groups, such as nurses and posties, to help people develop safe dog skills.
- Respond to complaints about dog behaviour and dog problems including, roaming dogs, barking dogs, aggressive dogs and dog attacks
- Lost and found dogs
- Provide and maintain pound facilities
- Dog adoptions and fostering
- Ensuring compliance with bylaws and policies
- Microchipping & registration
- Dog and stock control
- And more!