A day dedicated to the dogs is set to draw a crowd in Omokoroa on Saturday 24 March.
Western Bay of Plenty District Council’s animal services team is hosting their fourth annual Doggy Day Out, which will see Western Ave Sportsground turned from a sports field into a haven for dogs and their families.
There will be entertainment, lots of fun and things to learn – for both dogs and owners, including:
- Performances from the Tauranga and Mt Maunganui dog agility clubs
- Market stalls and food
- Competitions (such as the Star of the Day best dressed dog award) and raffles
- Bouncy castles and other activities for the kids
- A dog-only swimming pool
- A photobooth to capture that perfect pic with your K9 friend
- Dog groomers on site to pamper your pooch
- Microchipping and dog registration services
- Meet and greets with dogs up for adoption
- And lots more!
Animal control officer and owner of Council’s ball obsessed spokesdog Alfie, Betty Hall, says the events are great fun for all dog-lovers and continue to grow in popularity.
“Last year we had over 100 dogs come along to the Doggy Day Out and we are expecting a similar turn out this year. This is a great day for all dog-lovers to attend – regardless whether you own a dog or not – so I’d encourage everyone able to come along and be part of the fun.”
The theme for the day is ‘Doggywood’ so dress your pooch up as a famous star to enter the Star of the Day competition.
Doggy Day Out
Saturday, 24 March 2018
10am – 2pm
Omokoroa Sportsground, Western Avenue